Page Menu

Consent letter to contact employees own Doctor

Employers who have concerns about an employee's capability, due to ill-health, should seek medical opinion before taking any action that results in dismissal. An initial step could be to seek the employee's permission to write to their GP. 
A preferred option is to use your Company Doctor (if you have one - or one of the practices that specialises in occupational health) or a Specialist Consultant. The employer should meet the costs of such medical reports and, depending upon the content of the report and the employee's reaction, should consider obtaining a second medical opinion.
Please use the download links below for the various pages of the letters used to contact an employee's doctor if this is your preferred option.
These consent letters approved by the British Medical Association and customised with the support and approval of the Jersey Division of The BMA.


General Data Protection Regulation