Providing equal opportunities
Providing equal opportunities is important because
- Fairness and justice are at stake;
- All employees deserve equal treatment;
- Morale and motivation is likely to be better;
- Such issues arise over recruitment, selection, promotion and terms and conditions;
What do you need to do?
- Take account of the rules on matters such as those relating to maternity;
- Make sure you always treat people equally;
- Ensure employees know what is expected of them on such issues as harassment and bullying;
- Use your records to see whether an activity/area works unfavourably for a group.
What are some of the ways of avoiding discrimination?
- Analysing your personnel data by race, sex, disability and ethnic origin
- On deeper examination assess whether certain groups are being disadvantaged
- Discuss with employees ways of avoiding discrimination
Where to go for help
- Please call us on 730503 if you require any further advice/assistance.
Latest news straight to your inbox.