A Brief Introduction
JACS is the employment relations service and is here to help employers, employees and trade unions work together for the prosperity of Jersey business and the benefit of employees.
JACS' independence is guaranteed by statute and the States of Jersey passed the Jersey Advisory and Conciliation (Jersey) Law in March 2003.
JACS is available to:
- Employees whether long-term residents or newer arrivals
- Trade union officials or representatives
- Employers of any number of employees
JACS builds on the best traditions of the Island in a fast changing global economy.
JACS is at the forefront of explaining the changes taking place in the workplace.
In particular JACS helps explain the changes in employment law that have been enacted and which are expected in the next few years.
JACS IS AVAILABLE TO HELP...
- Provide answers to employment problems before they escalate
- Settle employment disputes between employer and employee or between employer and trade union through conciliation, mediation or arbitration
- Give impartial, professional advice on good employment practice
- Pass on reliable information about employment relations issues
- Publicise good practice on employment relations through free leaflets and booklets
The information available on this website is designed to provide general information only. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal advice.
JACS cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referenced by an external link.
Tribunal Reports & Case Precedents
Sign up for email updates
Interested in receiving new bulletins from JACS? Sign up now for our latest updates by email