Providing equal opportunities
PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE
- Fairness and justice are at stake;
- All employees deserve equal treatment;
- Morale and motivation is likely to be better;
- Such issues arise over recruitment, selection, promotion and terms and conditions;
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Take account of the rules on matters such as those relating to maternity;
- Make sure you always treat people equally;
- Ensure employees know what is expected of them on such issues as harassment and bullying;
- Use your records to see whether an activity/area works unfavourably for a group.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WAYS OF AVOIDING DISCRIMINATION?
- Analysing your personnel data by race, sex, disability and ethnic origin
- On deeper examination assess whether certain groups are being disadvantaged
- Discuss with employees ways of avoiding discrimination
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP
- Please call us on 730503 if you require any further advice/assistance.
General Data Protection Regulation
Sign up for email updates
Interested in receiving new bulletins from JACS? Sign up now for our latest updates by email